Lunatic Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mainly Roleplaying

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Onimusha - The Demon Blades

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OrganicPsycho

OrganicPsycho

Onimusha - The Demon Blades Empty
PostSubject: Onimusha - The Demon Blades   Onimusha - The Demon Blades Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Protagonists

Kisuke - Momohime's twin brother. He is the yang to his sister's yin. His special ability is to slow the flow of time within his blade to allow him to strike down his opponents with incredible force. Like his sister, he bears the mark of the 'Oni' on the back of his right hand

Momohime - Kisuke's twin sister. She is the yin to her brother's yang. Her special ability is to speed up the flow of time around her blade to allow her to make hundreds, possibly even thousands of weak strikes against her opponent in mere moments. Like her brother, she bears the mark of the 'Oni' on the back of her right hand

Secondary characters

Rai - Son of the samurai who rose up against the Tyrant King. Now seeks vengeance on the King's son and seeks to challenge him to Mortal Combat

Geode - His father was a Samurai, but fled when the new king took over. The King took Geode in and now uses him as his personal bodyguard. Despite his reluctance, the threat of death looms over Geode if he refuses

Ariana - A rogue thief girl, she seeks to find the hiding place of the Oni to gain their power as well as find the resting place of the two legendary Demon blades

Juliet - Princess of Japan and sister of Dason, the current king. She is kind, but very timid. She is hidden from the outside world and Dason keeps her under constant watch to ensure she doesn't betray him

Antagonists

Dason - Current King of Japan. Ruthless and manipulative. He seeks one of the many rumored paths to power. Either by obtaining the power of the Oni, by hunting down the fabled children of the Oni (Kisuke and Momohime), or by finding the twin Demon blades. He will stop at nothing until the whole country worships him as a God. He, like his father, made a pact with the King of Demons

Shadow Rai - A dark spirit born of the hatred Rai felt when he saw his father get killed by Dason. So long as Rai is determined for revenge, Shadow Rai is strong. He seeks to antagonize his other half to grow in strength enough to become permanently fixed to the world

Elijah - Geode's twin brother. A cruel man, he desperately seeks ownership of the Twin Blades, believing them to be even stronger than the power of the Oni so that he might overthrow Dason and rule the land. On the outside he appears loyal to the King

Other stuff

The Oni - A special race of Demons. Whilst on the outside they appear to be regular Humans, they possess incredible powers the likes of which most humans could never have. Their skills with swords and katana's are legendary. They fled to another dimension after they were driven out by Dason's father. When they activate their true powers they gain a bluish purple aura and their hair glows pure white

The Genma - Another race of Demons, these are pure evil. They are all spawned from the King of Demons who watches over Dason and provides him with incredible powers. He has plans of his own and to him Dason, like his father, is nothing but a puppet. Truthfully he has his eyes on Kisuke and Momohime

The Twin Demon Blades - Masamune and Muramasa. Forged by their namesakes and imbued with power by the Oni, they are blades of incredible power. Whilst each could be wielded alone, their true power lies in co-operating with one another. They are currently hidden

Background - Kisuke and Momohime's father was one of the few 'Oni', a special race of Demons with incredible powers. Fearing his race and the destruction they could bring (in reality fearing they would turn against him), the King of Japan sought to destroy him and all his kin.
Kisuke and Momohime's father died protecting the other Oni whilst they retreated into a separate dimension. Now believing nothing could stand in his way of dominating Japan, the tyrant king suppressed his people and abused them. But it is said a Tyrant fears the people he oppresses because he knows one day, one will rise up against him
This turned out to be true, and a brave samurai rose up against the Tyrant and bested him in single combat. Nevertheless, before the country could rejoice, the Tyrant's far more ruthless son took over, slew the brave Samurai, and the country was once again plunged into war
Back to top Go down
OrganicPsycho

OrganicPsycho

Onimusha - The Demon Blades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Onimusha - The Demon Blades   Onimusha - The Demon Blades Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 2:26 pm

Prologue - There is blood on my hands...

The rain poured down. Nowhere was safe. The trees and branches and twigs and leaves were hammered by the endless pouring. Droplet after droplet of never ending liquid. The two figures tore across the land, cutting down all the Genma in their way. There were but a few who could rival them, and even fewer who would dare to if they were aware of their origins. On the back of their right hands, each bore a distinctive mark. The mark of the Oni. It granted them powers that most could only dream of. It was also a curse. There were places the mark had to be hidden. If people knew who they were things could get ugly. Still, they marched on, ever strong. Blades in hand with wills of unbreakable steel

Kisuke - "...There is blood on my hands...how long until it lies on my heart?"

Momohime - "Genma after Genma...endless streams of enemies...but we have a task...and we shall not waver even in the face of death"

The Oni - "Why do we sit back and let these things happen? Is there no other way but bloodshed?"

The Demon Blades - "We could turn the tide of the war...for better or worse..."

Dason - "This kingdom is rightfully mine. The people will bow down and chant my most high name...or they will feel the edge of my blade on their neck..."

Juliet - "I see so much suffering...and I'm powerless to help despite my position. Is there nothing I can do that will ease this pain?"

Geode - "I have been born into a life of servitude...how long until I am a free man?"

Rai - "My father slew Dason's father. Dason slew my father. I will slay Dason...would it be that Dason would have a son who will slay me? Would it be that I have a son who will slay him? How long will death be my master?"

Ariana - "Power and affluence matter. I will take that which I rightly deserve and make a name for myself"

Elijah - "Dason is not fit to rule. I will usurp him and my name shall forever be known as Elijah the Conqueror"

Shadow Rai - "The day when I will be a part of this world will come soon...but what then? What is my purpose?"

All of it was connected. But they knew they were only one part of this continually unfolding story. And even should they do their part, it would never end. Such is the nature of this world. But that wouldn’t stop them. The King, under the guidance of a dark presence they were unaware of, sought to break down the barrier between this world and the plane that the Oni had sealed themselves on so that he might take their power for himself. Then no matter how strong the twins got they would not be able to stop him. So they would carry on. From the far northern regions they made their way across the land of Japan. They would stop at nothing to put an end to the ruthless tyrant. But this story...their story...has only just begun...
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Lunatic Roleplaying :: Art and Writing-
Jump to: