Lunatic Roleplaying
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mainly Roleplaying

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Legacy of the Wolves

Go down 
AuthorMessage
OrganicPsycho

OrganicPsycho

Legacy of the Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Legacy of the Wolves   Legacy of the Wolves Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:01 am

Legacy of the Wolves

Protagonists

Rai
Known as the Red Wolf due to his deep red fur, he also has sharp green eyes that cause many female wolves to fall in love with him. He also tries only to fight when there is a necessity, although he will almost always make an exception against Shade. He was a friend of the king's but had a dark secret, and although no-one knows what it is. He has the deepest vedetta against Shade who killed the king and now rules all of wolf-kind with an iron fist. He is the embodiment of Thunder and Lightning

Ariana
Her brother Dason works for Shade and he controls Ariana through fear. She longs to escape from her brother but through his lies she believes there is only one wolf stronger than Dason, and that is Shade. She is deeply in love with Rai, but she hides it, especially as she overheard her brother plotting his downfall. She is the embodiment of Love

Geode
The best freind of Rai, he travels the world seeking meaning to what he perceives to be his otherwise empty life. He has a disdain for fighting, and like Rai, he will only try and fight when it is in the defence of someone who needs their help. He has four bracelets made from chains around all four of his feet and they contain his true power. A prophecy predicted he and Rai would engage in Mortal Combat, and only cold love could save them. He is the embodiment of Duality

Juliet
A wolf with Gothic tendencies, she is an outcast because she likes dressing herself in Lolita style dresses. She pretends not to care what others think of her, but she believes she has no true friends and she is not lovable. She exhibits a cold personality to any one who comes near her due to her years of ridicule, and that drives most people alway, although she hates herself for doing it. She is the embodiment of Ice

Ventix
Before Shade took power, Ventix was a respected soldier and a decent fighter. He worked for a general who tried impressing Luna, though ultimately fell in love with her himself. After the take over, he settled down with his wife, Luna and had his daughter with her who they named Kilala. He is the embodiment of the Northern Winds

Luna
Once known as the truest beauty of the Wolf Kingdom, she was sought after by a powerful general who started a battle against all of the men who would court her in order to impress and win her, although she ultimately fell in love with one of his soldiers named Ventix. Her love for him angered the general and he went to slay her, but was stopped by her brother, Fenrir. She is the embodiment of the Moon's beauty

Kilala
The daughter of Ventix and Luna. A prophet predicted she would have an important role to play. She is trained by her Uncle Fenrir. She sometimes disagrees with him but greatly respects his abilities. She has a black diamond on her forehead which some believe is something important. It is unknown what she is the embodiment of

Fenrir
A strong and once very respected soldier in the army, he is the brother of Luna and very protective of her. He fought against the general who courted Luna and stood as the final line of defence against him when all those who courted her failed to stop the general. He defeated and killed him in an epic battle and then was faced with Ventix who was willing to fight him, though Fenrir simply smiled and stood aside to show his approval of him, becoming best friends with Ventix after he married Luna. He is Kilala's teacher and the embodiment of the Moon's strength

Antagonists

Shade
A wolf with deep red fur with dark black streaks and tips and pitch black eyes. It is unknown where he came from or anything about his past. According to some people, one day he just appeared in the palace, slew the king with ease and took over. By the time everyone realised, he had cemented his rule by corrupting the army to do his bidding through General's like Dason. He will stop at nothing to slay Rai and Kilala, though nobody knows why. He is the embodiment of Evil

Dason
Dason is Ariana's older brother and a feared general. He was in the palace the day Shade took over and immediately swore him his loyalty. He controls Ariana through fear and hates Rai, although partly because Shade hates Rai. He is the general put in charge of killing Rai and will go to any lengths to achieve this goal, including using Ariana. He is the embodiment of Fire

Malus
A trickster Wolf who had managed to find his way into the palace, Malus is crafty and highly manipulative. He was impressed by Shade and agreed to work for him. He has an unknown Vendetta against Ventix and Shade took advantage of this by putting him in charge of getting rid of Kilala, which appears to suit him just fine. He hates it when Terra tags along because she gets in the way of his secret plans. He is the embodiment of the Shadows

Temos
A wolf with the highly sought after power to manipulate Time and Space, he is arguably the most powerful wolf alive today, though he cannot constantly use his powers else they will kill him and his powers are slowly killing him any way. Shade keeps him close at hand and will occasionally call on his powers for an extra special mission. He is the embodiment of Time and Space

Terra
Known as the b*tch wolf, she is madly in love with Geode and will do anything to make him reciproacate, no matter what the cost. She is greatly feared by female wolves because of her unpredictability and detest for anyone she sees as more beautiful than her. She belives she has a right to any male she wants and will kill any female who stands in her way. She sees her ultimate goal is to parade Luna around and utterly humiliate her due to her status as the most beautiful wolf to ever live, and thus when not courting Geode, she will forcibly tag along with Malus, much to his distain. She is the embodiment of Earth

Other characters

Kitsune

A seemingly ageless woman, she is the only being among wolves who is a Human. She appears only to those who she desires to appear to and her visits are rarely a social visit. She is the last being who knows the full history of wolf kind, though she rarely recounts it. She has the power to move between a physical and spiritual form, although she will rarely use her incredible powers in the physical form. Even the greatest wolves respect her power and connection to the Wolf God

The Prophet

A powerful prophet, her predictions almost always come true. As such she is protected by all sides, yet hated because what she predicts almost always comes true, even if it is not to the advantage of the person hearing it. Currently she is a prisoner of Shade. Her most recent prophecy regarding Kilala was supposedly only heard by Malus. She hasn't made a prophecy since knowing what will become because of that prophecy
Back to top Go down
OrganicPsycho

OrganicPsycho

Legacy of the Wolves Empty
PostSubject: Re: Legacy of the Wolves   Legacy of the Wolves Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 6:05 am

Prologue: A History Lesson

"You should sit down, after all, this is more than just a history lesson, it could take some time..."
I watched as her eyes looked deep into mine, though I didn't reveal what I kept hidden within them, even to her. She slowly sat down and so did I, my dress flowing and almost touching her. I stared at her for a long moment and she stared back. Finally I started talking

"It was 10,00 years ago, though I remember it as though it were yesterday. Humans and Wolves coexisted and everything was peaceful. Humans were ruled by their king, a pleasent man by the name of Tempest, and Wolf kind was ruled by the Wolf God, Remus.
Remus and I were more than good friends and I spent almost all my spare time in his company. Humans and Wolves got on well, but there were always going to be those who longed to cause trouble, None moreso than Remus' brother, Romulus.
Sick of the relationships and marriages between Humans and Wolves, he found a newly married Human couple and slaughtered all who attended their wedding, some 100 Humans in all. Tempest demanded retribution, but Remus refused to take responsibility for his brothers actions in a manner that satisfied the Human King.
Angered by this, a group of Human rebels slaughtered 1000 wolves as their own personal retribution. Before Remus could even respond, Tempest told him he would not punish the rebels as he had not punished his brother. Remus, angered by this insulted Tempest and his family.
Tempest was deeply angered and declared war on all Wolf kind, striking a pre-empive blow, killing thousands. Remus took action and fought Tempest in a bloody battle, killing him. Although the war was quickly won, it came at a price, one worse than it sounds as I cannot tell you right now, some things that would make you understand.
Several Human mages descended on Remus and although they didn't have the strength to kill him, they set a curse upon him, stripping him of his mortal form and sealing him as a spirit. I was there and powerless to stop them. I used my magic to take his spirit into myself before he could vanish and became his host, slaying the mages who did that to him.
As Remus had not had a child, Romulus took over and immediately commanded the army to commit Genocide of the Human race. In sheer outrage over what had happened to their beloved GodKing, they oblidged and all Humans bar me were slaughtered.
Romulus brought me, the most high profile Human after the King, and now the last of the Humans, to his court. He went to execute me personally, but the spirit of Remus emerged from me and stopped him. In exchange for abdicating the throne and allowing Romulus the right tp rule, Remus assured my survival.
I was branded as the last of the Humans and Romulus used me as a publicity stunt to demonstrate that he was not prepared to commit Genocide, gaining approval because of it. I spent some time wandering the world, eventually discovering I would no longer age thanks to the powers of the Wolf God.
I resolved to keep a history using my long life, knowing Romulus had forbidden the events to be recorded, lest anyone in the future try to reasses his actions and he be seen as a cruel Wolf. Romulus ruled for 20 years, ushering in the age of the Wolf, marrying and having children who continued his reign until Shade dethroned Levitas..."

Kilala looked me in the eyes the whole time I spoke. She waited a few moments to take in all I said
"Kitsune...I...I'm sorry for what happened to your kind, and for what happened to Remus...but...but..."
"But what has this got to do with you?" I said with a tiny smile
She gently nodded
"Kilala, I told you to sit for a reason. We've only just begun..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 1
Rai

Run
Run like the wind
Don't wait for a thing
There's nothing here for you
Nothing except danger and death
But when you return, you'll have the strength to do what you must...there's no other choice...
Run

I woke up sweating
That damn dream again
I remember it like it was yesterday, although it was only 2 weeks ago, but so much has changed since Shade took over. It took him a minute to kill the King, 10 to sway Dason, an hour to control the army, a day to cement his rule...
Of course there are plenty who don't like him, and sadly for them, if they're vocal about it within earshot of someone who's afraid enough to try and gain face, they regret it with their lives
An authoritarian, totalitarian rule...but then that's what dictators do best after all
This whole thing is my fault, but I can't exactly go telling anyone

I looked at my paws. They were as white as ever, though even they were covered in sweat. I got up and walked to the nearby pond and glanced down at myself and the piercing green eyes that stared back. My fur was as red as ever...I was famous as 'The Red Wolf' after all. Of course the past two weeks that had been more of a curse. Shade was after me, it was no secret that he was, so my green eyes and red fur combination, and one I was famous for, made it rather hard to hide myself

Of course then there was my best friend, Geode. He had been shopping when it happened. I grabbed him knowing Shade would come after anyone he though could get him to me and took him with me. Geode was identifyable by the four chains around his ankles. He never really liked to talk about them, occasionally mumbling something about 'evil' and 'Elijah' when he did

So here we were, two wolves with identifyable features that we can't hide, on the run from someone who ruled the world...So where to go? It didn't matter right then and there, because we just had to get out

I turned to where Geode was resting, though he was awake, even if he hid it
"Geode?"
"Yeah Rai?"
"We have to go...now"
"5 more-"
"Now" I said deadly serious

"Again? This is the third time...It's that damn dream..."
"I'v had that dream 7 times and this is only the third time...but now isn't the time"
"How long do we have"
"3 minutes max"
Geode looked slightly miffed that I had interrupted his non-sleep, but he got up anyway. We blew the fire out and started running for our lives once more

Chapter 2
Geode

I woke up a few minutes before Rai did and I could tell he was having that same dream again. He had vaguely described it to me but it was clear he didn't like talking about it. I'v been best friends with him since I can remember, although we both hide things...
He tells me there's some dark secret that shames him to his very core, and he could never tell anyone, but I know he will someday. As for me, well I have Elijah...the dark spirit concealed in my chains

I remember the first time I encountered him. I went to sleep, and all I remember is a face full of black fur and dark, emotionless, unforgiving eyes looking at me. It let out a blood curdling roar in my face, and even though it was a dream I felt it and woke up immediately, and these 4 chains were around my ankles. I'v tried everything to remove them and nothing works

Over the years I learned more about them from my dream encounters with Elijah, though understandibly he still keeps plenty from me. All I know is he's evil, and if he ever gets released, it's a very bad thing. Rai and I are of roughly equal power, so I told him so that if Elijah ever does get released, he can subdue him/me

I looked at Rai as he spoke
"3 minutes max"
I was a little miffed, but in a way greatful. Somehow Shade and Rai had a mental connection. Rai told me he had fought Shade in the palace and it had somehow connected them. They both kept it closed, but after Rai had these dreams it seemed to weaken momentarily on his side and Shade could see where he was and sent troops after us. The first time it happended we barely made it out alive. We cottoned on the second time. I could only pray as we ran for our lives there wouldn't be a fourth time...

Chapter 3
Ariana

I sat on my bed looking down
I'd just heard Dason and Shade talking to each other...Shade had gotten one of his rare glimpses into Rai's mind and sent some soldiers after him, even though he knew it would likely be a futile effort

I wanted so much to beg them to stop chasing Rai, but I knew it wouldn't work...Dason and Shade were the two most powerful wolves alive and Shade wouldn't stop till he had Rai

I remember when I first met him. We'd met a few times before all this happened because he was a friend of the King and Dason was a general so he hung around the palace and kept me with him so I couldn't escape

As I sat lost in thought remembering the beauty of Rai's eyes, Dason came into my room and glared at me
"W...what did I do this time?" I asked timidly
"Nothing. I have an assignment for you" he replied coldly
"What is it?"
"Find and kill Rai"

My eyes widened and I tried hiding it but it didn't really work
"Got a problem with that do you?"
"No...well..."
"Spit it out"
"Shade can't find Rai...so why would I be able to?"
"You'll find a way"
"What if I don't succeed?"

Dason ignored the question and left
I looked at my hands
I had never thought Dason would even consider asking a weakling like me to kill someone like Rai...I doubted my emotions would even let me if I got the chance...but then...maybe this was best? Dason and Shade would torture him. It would kill me to see pain in his beautiful eyes...so it was decided, for his own sake...I would kill Rai

Chapter 4
Ventix

"Kilala! Slow down would you!"
"But daaaaaad! You're the embodiment of the Northern Winds and you can't keep up with a 7 year old pup?" she laughed and kept running
"She's right you know Ventix...I would expect more of you and your 8 tails..."
"Oh be quiet Fenrir...I'm faster than you"
"Only during the day. When the Moon glows you just can't compete" he laughed

We kept running and Kilala eventually stopped and we stopped either side of her
"You know Dad, you really need to lighten up"
"I just want to make sure you're safe Kilala...we are technically rebels, which puts us in danger" I sighed
"It's okay Ven, I'm here to train and look after her, as her teacher and her uncle" he smiled
Kilala looked at him and smiled in a way I hadn't really seen her smile before

"Maybe, but-"
I stopped dead and mine and Fenrir's ears perked up
"Dad? Uncle?" she aske dlooking at us both
"Soliders" Fenrir growled
"Kilala...go...now" I said looking around
"But Da-"
"I said go now!" I interrupted

Kilala looked down for a moment and reluctantly turned to leave
"I'll make sure she's safe" Fenrir said as she started bolting off the way we came and Fenrir followed
About a dozen soldier wolves came out from behind trees and growled at me
"Don't bother trying to run" one smirked
"Run?" I laughed and took an offensive stance
"Now why would I do that?"

Chapter 5
Fenrir

I looked at Ventix then around a bit
"I'll make sure she's safe" I said and ran after her as she started running back where we came from. We stopped running about a minute later having run at full pelt we were a way away from the guards...if Ventix hadn't killed them already

I heard a rustling from the bushes and stuck my paw in front of Kilala to stop her from going further
"Uncle...? What was that?" she asked having heard it too
"Not sure. Stay on guard"
She nodded and took a step back

I looked around for the source and spotted the place where the rustling had come from
I stared at the bushes for a long moment then growled
"Malus...show your ugly mug"
There was a cruel laughter and Malus stepped from the bushes
"Who you calling ugly with that hideous scar of yours?" he asked gesturing to the long scar that ran from the side of my left eye all the way down my cheek

I remembered how I had gotten that scar. I got it saving Luna from that General 10 years ago
I stared into Malus' eyes and he stared into mine
"I like his scar" Kilala chimed in
"Oh, and why is that?" Malus asked with a vague curiosity
"It defines him...he got it helping my mum, shows he cares about others unlike you!"
She practically spat the last few words out and Malus growled

"I care for others, and I assure you that someday very soon you'll see that...only some more preparation is required...then you'll finally realise the truth" he smirked
I looked him over for any signs of what he was talking about but he gave none away
"Kilala...go"
"But Un-"
"Just go"
Malus smirked more, clearly sealing the moment in his mind for some future use, perverse and evil no doubt

Kilala sighed and ran past Malus who made no attempt to stop her
He looked at me and I looked at him
"You really wanna do this?" I asked looking up as the Sun started to set
Malus smirked but didn't reply. Instead his front paws started to glow darkly and shadows formed around me and became spikes
"Just be glad I need you alive for my plan Fenrir, else you'd long since be dead"
"Try me Malus...just try me"
We both charged at full force at one another

Chapter 6
Kilala

I sighed and kept running for a few minutes until I reached somewhere that seemed safe
"I'm 7 years old...I can look after myself" I mumbled quietly as I started walking instead and I bumped into something
I looked up at what it was an a brownish blonde wolf was standing over me and looking down at me
She looked at the black diamond on my forehead and smiled cruelly

"Well well well...if it isn't Kilala...where are your protectors?" she asked
"I don't need protecting!"
"From me, you really do"
"Who...who are you?"
"I'm surprised you don't know me" she smirked

I looked her up and down. She seemed vaguelly familiar, and then it clicked
"T...Terra...." I stuttered
She smirked more and leaned down a bit more and stared at my diamond
She flashed her sharp claw for a moment
"I think surgery is just what the doctor ordered...remove that ulgy mark of yours" She smiled
"No...It's my majestic mark...my mom said so"

She growled when I said 'mom'. I forgot she had a vendetta against my mom because she was prettier than her
"You're fat and ugly and you can't hurt me!" I said, though I regretted it
She showed her sharp fangs and knelt down a bit so her eyes were level with mine

"I hate that excuse for a woman. She deserves humiliation. So for starters, I think I'll have a little fun with you Kilala. I'm going to rip every inch of your fur off and rub salt on the wounds...and no daddy or Fenrir here to save you"
I stumbled back a bit but she flashed her claws and drew closer to me
I closed my eyes and winced as she lifted her paw up swiftly and struck it at me

Chapter 7
Luna

"Dinner's on the table...dinner is STILL on the table...no? My cooking not good enough for you?" I sighed
I looked around then out the window. The Sun had set maybe 10 minutes ago. Ventix, Fenrir and Kilala should have been home by now...long since home...
I stood up getting worried, which wasn't a good idea as I panic when I worry too much. I always fear the worst. Ventix called it my motherly instincts

I went out of the door and felt a deeply chilly breeze against my fur, colder than it should be for this time of year and the wind was much stronger than normal...
"Ventix" I said slowly
The strong wind like this, in the way I felt it touch the bones through my fur meant only one thing, Ventix was nearby and using his powers. And by the sheer strength of the wind it meant he was fighting an opponent that wouldn't be felled by a flash of his claw...

I started to walk in the direction the wind was taking me but something stopped me
A wolf stood in front of me and rested his gaze on mine. His fur was a sickly grey and he had marks and symbols all over his body
"Temos, to what do I owe this unexpected pleasure?"
"Hello Luna" he said softly, not breaking his gaze from mine

"You look....the same as ever" I said looking him over
"Come now Luna, you don't need to try and make me feel better about my impending death...I still have a good while to go before then anyway" he sighed
"And yet you choose to serve it in the servitude of Shade?"
"I have my reasons" he uttered
"By your presence here I think the correct thing to say would be I'm not going anywhere now am I?"

Temos laughed but it was more of a prolonged cough
"Shade is trying to see if there's a way to free me of this curse"
"And you believe someone like him?" I asked almost rhetorically
"Actually if I were anyone else I would have no reason to do so, but you forget, I have the ability to bend time and space...now why would someone like Shade be so willing to just let me die?"
He had a point. Temos was usually kept close to Shade incase he needed his powers, and I didn't want to, but I actually agreed with him on this matter. Shadw would be a fool to not try and keep Temos around

"Well back to the current time, why are you here?" I asked curiously
"Just to make sure you are"
"What makes you think I won't just leave?" I said motioning to go
"Because you know full well you can't beat me"
I sighed a bit but he was right. I was stronger than the average female wolf, but Temos could bend time and space...even Shade feared him

"So why are you making sure I can't leave?"
"You think Shade tells me everything? He just told me to make sure you don't leave till I get the all clear and I can go"
"Shade? Shade himself is here?" I asked backing up
"Yes, fighting your husband I believe"
My eyes widened. So that's why the wind was blowing so strongly

"I swear if he's hurt!"
"You'll do what?" he responded
"I..."
"Exactly" he said sighing
"Why is he after my husband?"
"He isn't"
"Kilala..." I said and my eyes widened more

Temos sighed and looked up
"Well looks like I got the all clear...see you around old friend" he said and walked behind some trees and vanished
I looked around desperately for any sign of my family and then bolted off into the forest to find them
"Shade..." I growled, "I'll kill you if you'v hurt them"
Back to top Go down

Legacy of the Wolves
Page 1 of 1